04 June 2009

When to Respec?

No, I don’t mean “We need DPS, can you respec Boomkin instead of Hug-a-Tree?”… Why? Because I’m a Hunter, lol. Well, I may post on it at some point anyway, but that day is not today! Haha!

Anyway, so I still don’t have a Spirit Beast, though I haven’t been trying recently. Call me exhausted from trying, take one look at my schedule with little to no time for WoW, and yeah – I’ve essentially temporarily given up. I’ll get back to it at some point, but I’m too busy right now. What does that mean? Being a Beast Mastery hunter is not currently necessary… But I still have hopes, so I don’t really want to switch… /sniffle

Why do I want to switch though? Because SV hunters are crushing DPS on BM hunters right now. Well, it’s been that way for a little while, but I’ve been ignoring it because I wanted to find a Spirit Beast. Considering I’m finally getting to play my main again in Raids (OBS this past TUE, Naxx this FRI/SUN, and EOE on SAT, since RN has grown and no longer needs me to be on my tank each time I’m on…), I need to once again be pushing the max DPS out of my hunter as possible. And that means a respec.

But what is it that finally makes me not /cry too much over a respec? Dual Specs. Yes, this is probably one of the few points in having Dual-Spec on a hunter (unless you lucky SOB already have a Rare pet and need BM so you can pull him/her out from time to time)… And that is so I can be an SV hunter for raids, and be BM so I can still search for the Spirit Beast. I guess another reason would be to compare DPS of specs, but I don’t have time for that, lol. Anyway… After cranking out the gold for my third character w/ epic flying, I finally have enough for him to get his cold weather flying too (in another 6.15 levels) – in addition to a respec for Galoriar. Thus… I guess it’s time.

So now that I’ve rambled, I have to laugh that it took this much thought to make the decision. My paladin and druid both got Dual-Specs pretty much the instant I logged in on them after the patch which enabled Dual-Spec. No thought necessary there, lol.

No comments: