14 August 2009

Drop Rates

Yeah, they’re predictable. It’s all done with RNG’s, but I figured out the formulas! Stop reading – this post may contain bliz spoilers…

Still here? Ok, here goes – the loot you want won’t, and the loot you won’t want will. At least, that’s the quick version. The real math behind it is related to who is in your group. So if you take a clothie healer, clothie dps, plate dps, plate dps, and plate tank – leather will drop. Similarly, if you have all mail & cloth wearers, plate will drop. But it gets more complicated, because sometimes trinkets cross over those lines, but it still follows the same general rules.

Thus it’s because of those crossovers that on occasion, the RNG gets all confused and accidentally drops something you want – like the helm or axe Datouv needed! Heck, we also got bracers for a guildie! I think the RNG must have been having a bad day or something because I think we got a couple other things too, I just can’t remember what they are, lol.

All joking aside, you must admit its cool when you run an instance to pick up gear, and you actually get something you can use.

//UPDATE// So today was the crocalisk fishing quest and the rumors are true - bliz messed w/ the RNG's because they realized how rediculous they were, and now the RNG's are confused. Not only did we test on 6 characters and all of them received a croc, but 1 of those was even Galoriar! Interestingly, 8 months ago I posted that I got a croc after 9 months of trying and predicted it'd be another 9 months or so until I got my next...

No comments: