26 November 2008

Nonstop XP Gain

The best way to level a dualbox?  With your hunter…

Yesterday I had some extra time while I was waiting for Sthis to finish up the Explorer title (yes, we both have them now – yay!).  So I sat just in the entrance to Howling Fjord with Datouv (pally) & Nyl (warrior) behind me.  With minimal effort, Galoriar and Mypally simply chained all the mobs.  When I got low on mana, aspect of the mana regen.  When I had it back, aspect of the monkey hawk.  When low on health, Datouv healed (even though he’s prot, lol).  Did this for ~ an hour or so and Datouv & Nyl got over a full level’s worth of XP.

Two people said something.  One was rather rude, using foul language and whining like a 2 year old.  He was mad at me for farming quest-related mobs.  I’m sorry dude, but that’s why I picked that spot.  They respawn every 2 seconds, and where I was standing only captures half of them at maximum, thus leaving plenty of mobs for those working on quests.  If you can’t manage to stand at the edge of my range and kill the other 50 million mobs, well you’re an idiot so please delete your account and pick a different game.  And besides, I was in a place where I saved a couple people when they accidentally pulled more than they could handle.  Sadly none of them even bothered to say thank you when they had 2% health left and I just helped finish off the 5 mobs with 80% each health…  Maybe I need to add a blog and my vendetta against “people who think it’s ok to be rude just because we’re online and I can’t see you face to face”…

So anyway, the second person did the “Is that how you’re planning on leveling?”.  No, I did not get to lvl 70 by sitting here blasting the heck out of these guys.  But I just told him real quick what I was doing and he did the “oh, ok, now it makes more sense”.  So he was nicer.  But really, I found a spot to do continuous XP where you aren’t stealing anyone’s mobs (unless they’re an idiot) and your dualbox alt can stay safely behind you.  Not sure how many this applies to, but enjoy!

No comments: