22 September 2009

Ain't if fun!

Yes, I’m lovin Brewfest.  I know, I already got Brewmaster on my 3 – 80’s (on the first day of brewfest of course, lol).  But the keg tossing, defending the camp, and Coren are just fun to me.  It’s probably also because we make it into a guild event, and have everyone bring in any alts they have/want to bring.  But it’s also cool because he has some pretty good loot.  In fact, one of our shammies was pretty stoked to pick up the Tankard.  Another guildie picked up a remote, so that makes porting easier now that another char has it.  We also saw the Kodo and Ram drop in the same kill.  Which makes me wonder how his loot works…  Is it that each special item (mounts, remote, etc.) has a chance to drop, and we were just crazy lucky to have the 2 mounts drop at the same time?  Or did they change it now so that the ‘mounts’ have a chance to drop and you either get both, or get none?  I have no clue, but we have a guildie keeping track of every drop we get.  She did it last year and it was cool to see that we ran it something like 87 times…  It was also fun to come up with our own approximate drop rates, based on the runs and loot we received, since we ran it so many times.  Last year’s rates (by our method) was approximately:


Dark Iron Smoking Pipe - 23.2% 
Empty Mug of Direbrew - 15.1% 
Balebrew Charm - 11.6% 
Brightbrew Chamrm - 10.4% 
Coren's Lucky Coin - 15.1% 
Direbrew Hops - 25.5% 
Direbrew's Shanker - 3.4% 
Direbrew's Remote - 6.9% 
Swift Brewfest Ram - 5.8% 
Great Brewfest Kodo - 3.4% 

So not perfect, but probably relatively accurate.  It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out this year.  Except, we can’t run as many times since some of us (myself included) are working 15 hr days, including weekends.  Why oh why does brewfest have to come during my busiest time of year!

1 comment:

Rae said...

I'm just "a guildie"? Don't I get a bit more credit then that??