15 December 2009

3.3 Woes

As with every patch, comes the inevitable glitches.  They’ve already done a mini patch fix, which is good.  But the fix I’m really hoping for?  The Call Stabled Pet bug.  Yes, if you are using this ability while using the random dungeon finder beware.  It doesn’t seem it’s a problem if your entire group is from the same server, but it definitely is when you have cross-servers.  The bug?  The 5 minute cooldown goes up to 25 days.  Mine’s now down to something like 22 days, and still ticking.  I’m curious though – will the GM’s answer my ticket before the CD is up?  I’ve had it open for days.

Now, a guildie had another problem and put in the magic key words since it was a more immediate problem, which got him a GM within an hour or so (If you don’t know the key words, I won’t tell you.  And no, I’m not going to cheat and use them in my ticket since the issue is just an annoyance, not crucial – it’d be like skipping in line).  While he had the GM, he asked about my issue (they asked if he had any other questions, so that works, right?  Lol.) and they said yes, it’s a known issue and to keep doing what I am (using a regular stable, and leaving the ticket open).  But it begs the question – if they have the system in place to track for key words and phrases… why don’t they use it for known issues?  Wouldn’t it be great customer service (in comparison to what they have – certainly there’s even better than this small thing I suggest) if they found the key words for this glitch, then auto-replied with a status update, saying it’s a known issue and instructing you to stay/not stay in the ticket queue?  Or anything?  If someone in my office took more than 1 business day to reply to a customer, that might be ok depending on the issue and whether or not they got back within 2 business days.  If they did it to more than one customer, or if they were like Bliz and don’t respond for days on end – then there would be consequences.  It’s just plain terrible customer service.

Luckily, it’s not that big of an issue, and only really just an annoyance.  Hell, it goes back to the days before the ability existed.  So my frustration is more, once again, with Bliz’s poor customer service than the actual issue.  Probably because my own field is directly related to Customer Service, but oh well.  I expect glitches, especially when making changes of the caliber they did.  I just also expect some measure of Customer Satisfaction be included in their Customer Service.

No comments: