07 December 2009

RL WTH?

Ok, first the WoW.  If you’re going for Exalted w/ Bloodsail, find some friends or cross your fingers that there’s someone else as insane as you at the same time.  The 2 guys we’re farming it with are nice & fun.  Half the time, only one of us is actually at the computer killing Jazzrek, but we just stay in a raid group so when we afk out, and log back in, we’re still in the group.  Then whoever is around kills him, and everyone gets the rep.  Much nicer if you don’t have to always be there – and it works both ways!

Onto the WTH…  So we have a database, that tracks everything about everyone.  Well, not everything, but you know what I mean.  contact info, giving history, grades, degrees, employers, and so on.  Basically, everything is supposed to be recorded in it, so that all of us who have access, can pull the data we need, when we need it.

So knowing that there’s a particular department here that doesn’t do a great job of inputting the data, I always do one or two things on the side to make sure I actually have the data I need.  I also train people to let me know when they stumble across something I should know, so that they inform me – anything I can do to get the necessary data.  So now that I have my 90% solution, as accurate as I can get, I pull the list from the database to cross-reference.  My list has 22 names.  A little low (usually closer to 30 at this time of year), but still probably pretty accurate.  The list I pull?  Had 1.  WTH?  Out of curiosity, I run the same report for the list I should get in late FEB.  In late FEB it should have ~380 names.  Right now it has 150 (it should have 0 right now…).  And 12 of the names on my list (the ones that should be on the original list I pulled that only had 1 name), are on the FEB one!  W T H? ? ? ?

I know, probably confused everyone with this, but let’s just say the math doesn’t add up.  I swear, someday I’ll just make everyone elect me King. Then I can solve problems like these by hiring Lifeguards for the gene pool…

No comments: