09 December 2009

Thoughts on 3.3

Sooo I did have time to jump in last night.  Conference call got done early, and I just stayed up way too late.  Aside from the typical patch-day nightmares (“Additional instances cannot be launched…”, Dalaran nightmare lag, etc.), it was pretty good.  The new instances are fun, and a bit of a challenge.  I even picked up a new crossbow!  Rest of the stuff was mostly shaman gear (no one could use) or tank gear.  Very nice, is dungeon queuing that lets you port right from dungeon to dungeon.  Also nice is the random heroic option, which means we don’t have to sit around going “what dungeon do you want to do?”.

But nicest of all…  It looks like the Hunter Misdirect is finally fixed.  Not only that, but AoE Damage seems to work as well.  Thus we’re no longer limited to pulling 3 mobs weakly onto the tank – we can actually AoE a group onto them!  Or more importantly, once we hit MD, we can actually lay into a target without fearing that we’ll be pulling agro by our 6th shot…  Yay!

Now if they just fix it so we can actually get the schematics for epic ammo…  I understand that it’s epic ammo – should take a little effort to get.  But after ages of gnomish/goblin engineering not really mattering, it seems so random to make bullets go to one and arrows to the other.  Not to mention, why does the schematic have a rep requirement and the ammo not?  Doesn’t that basically defeat the purpose of trying to get the schematic?  I mean, to get the bullets, I don’t need the rep, but to make the bullets someone else needs to get the rep.  Just seems a little weird to me.  Seems the schematic and the ammo should both have the requirement.  Oh well.  I doubt I’ll buy the ammo, and at some point I’ll get the rep up and then I’ll make them.  So not a big deal.  Just seems a little odd.

No comments: