08 May 2009

Alternatives

When is an alt, not an alt?  Can you have two mains?  Interesting things to ponder…

For example, if you have two 80’s and you switch between them for dungeons/raids and dualbox with them when not in dungeons/raids, then occasionally dualbox with them in a dungeon…  Does that make them both mains?  But if one has your preference (because it has all the achievements), does that mean it really is the main?  Even if you don’t get to play it as much?

What about specs?  I know I certainly have a main spec and an off spec for Datouv (main is Prot, off is Ret).  But I know there are those who have two specs that they bounce back and forth all the time.  Those ones are excited for dual specs – even more so than those of us who just wanted it to make questing go faster, lol!

But anyway, that’s just food for thought.  My brain is pretty fried this week.  It’s finals week for the MBA, I had two evening events to run this week (one for 12 ppl, the other for 200), got another 2 on Saturday, another on Sunday…  Going on vacation in another week so I have to catch up on work and get ahead…  Yeah, pretty much just fried brain right now.

2 comments:

MarcusMaximi said...

I have 2 mains. HW and EB. I dual box them through levelling, I have dual boxed them through dungeons. I do as many achievements as I can on both of them.

But HW the holy pally is my main main. I couldn't have a gnome as a main main!!

Xanther said...

See what I mean?! Lol. I do love Lady X's gnome though... gnome warrior tank runs in, disappears, boss is hitting on something I swear, I just can't see what... then boom, he dies and this little gnome comes jumping out of his dead body.