05 December 2008

Hunter Farmer

Ahh, the joys of being a hunter while farming.

Here’s a quick 101 tip – create a hunter and level it to 80 if you need to farm.  Lol, I say this because I’m working on leveling to 450 Engineering for my chopper.  And while it’s taking forever and a ridiculous amount of mats, it’s easier for me than all the other classes.  I swoop in and start mining.  And if there’s a mob too close by that aggros?  Drop one of those nice little metal things that turns the mob into a block of ice!  Finish mining, jog a quick safe distance, feign death, hop on my mount and fly away!  I know, not rocket science, but definitely fun and fast.

So why do I give you that tip?  Because it can mean the difference between getting and not getting the node.  After last night, I’ve determined that the majority of players are just plain a-holes.  The trap-trick is what meant they couldn’t steal the node from me when I was aggro’d.  Now horde, I understand – I always try ganking nodes from them just out of pure principle.  I managed to do that a few times last night too and was very happy.  I mean, it’s fun to come in while a horde is mining and actually steal the node away.

Alliance though?  Come on – we’re on the same team.  A draenei came in while I was mining and tried to gank it from me.  WTF?  I mean seriously!  And it was Titanium too!!!  If it were a horde mining it, I would’ve tried my hardest to grab it from them, but IT WASN’T!!!  At least I kept it from him, but dang!

I came up on someone who was just hovering in mid-air over a mine.  I sat there for a second, assumed afk/didn’t care (since she wasn’t standing next to it, fighting next to it, or mining it), and mined the node, hopped on my mount, & flew off.  As I’m heading out I get the /say of ‘wtf?’ essentially.  So I wsp back an apology and explain I thought she was afk or didn’t care.  We then proceeded to have a productive conversation about engineering while both mining the same area.  See?  Cooperation!  Imagine that happening on the alliance!  It’s things like that which remind me that a few people out there are nice, but people like that draenei just make me mad.

So oh well, I’ll get to 450 eventually.  Right now I’m just so close to my Gnomish Army Knife I can almost feel it in my hands!  Then my headpiece & finally my ride

No comments: