31 March 2009

Day of Silence

So much happening right now, that I call for a world-wide day of silence.  Here’s some reasons why I say that, as all this went on yesterday:

* In my personal life, yesterday I found 5 people in our database that don’t exist in our database.  <-Yes, it’s true. And yes, it means a big headache and an uphill battle that may result in someone being fired for not doing their job properly…  But if it makes the rest of our jobs easier, and thousands of constituents happier because of that?  I’m willing to fight the fight.  On top of that, this week is a nightmare week with working late and coming in early on multiple days.   And all of that on top of the MBA.  Ugh!

* Tums are chewy.  I thought they were more like hard candy.  Who knew?!  (No, it wasn’t me eating them – it was actually a random convo w/ someone that brought this one out).

* Bloggers are dropping like flies!  First a nice and popular Resto-Druid.  And now BRK!!!  <- That’s the real reason for the day of silence.  BRK has done more for WoW Hunters than anyone else I’ve seen.  He’s taught newbs and noobs, helped improve the 1337, and been a steady voice crying “Hunters Rule!”.  But now, for understandable reasons, he is taking time from WoW and blogging.  My hope, is that this is temporary and he is able to find a balance after some time off.

* In light of the point above this one…  I may need to ramp up this blog and help fill the vacuum BRK is leaving behind.  I know I am certainly not the best Hunter around, but I’d like to think that my Hunter Dance Series has been at least somewhat informative and helpful to Hunters and others alike.  I think I may consider this…

So those are the reasons why yesterday was so out of the box.  Thinking of BRK’s post, this is a good chance for many of us to consider WoW and the effect on our lives.  Some it hurts their relationships or lives, some it has no effect, and others it helps.  Which are you?  (no need to answer the question, it’s meant as rhetorical while we tip our hats to BRK and consider our own lives).  And so I leave you with……

/silence for BRK.

No comments: