23 March 2009

Spring!

Ahh, spring is here!  Well, it was 40’s last week, supposed to be 50’s this week… but today it’s 21.  To think, I was going to pull out the bike this weekend, and then it snowed!  I’ll tell you one thing though, pulling the bike out and getting it ready for the summer sure makes me want to finally scrape together the 11,000 gold and buy the parts for my chopper.  And no, it’s not 11k to buy all the parts.  It’s 11k to buy some of them.

12 Titansteel Bars, 40 Cobalt Bolts and 2 Arctic Fur are the mats I’ll get on my own.  In fact, I’m just waiting on the CD for the Titansteel, as I already have enough Titanium, Eternal Fire, Eternal Earth and Eternal Shadow.  I have plenty of Cobalt as well.  And Lady X is a skinner, so even the Arctic Fur isn’t too hard to come by.  So even though those are hard to come by, and quite costly…  They’re not the bulk of it.  The Salvaged Iron Golem Parts, 8 Goblin-machined Pistons, and Elementium-plated Exhaust Pipe make it expensive when you consider the 3k, 1k (times 8, so 8k), and 1.5k gold prices.  So total of 12.5k gold, but drop in exalted rep and that brings it down a smidgen.

All in all, the cost is rather close to the Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth.  Sure, the Chopper can only take 1 friend along and it doesn’t have a vendor on it, but you know what?  It’s a hell of a lot cooler.  So yes, it will be a while before I have the extra 11k to spend on it, but I await the day!  It’ll probably be next winter that I’m sitting inside, watching the snow through the window, and decide it’s time to go for a ride…

No comments: