03 March 2009

Huntard Achievement!


And this week it goes to... The huntard I ran with the other day. Here it is, just for you:



So I've been running on my Paladin recently, trying to get him up to 80 as well. And we pulled together a group for a dungeon run. Did you know it's rather hard to keep aggro on all of the mobs if the hunter sends his pet after one mob, shoots another, yet neither of those is skull - you know, the one that the rest of the group is going after? Including the tank...?

Oy! Kill orders are there for a reason. I can understand making the mistake once or twice, but after you've been asked to go for Skull first multiple times... That shows a refusal to learn, which earns you the title "Huntard". So this one is for you who will not be named.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a hunter myself, I've come across a few 'huntards' in my time of play. Just the other day we had one in group for a heroic VH who insisted on trap dancing before the mob had even spawned as well as shooting the holy living crap out of the mob before the semi okay tank had a chance to get aggro. This means insta aggro in a hunters book. Then was kind enough to piss off the only DE'er in the group by accusing most DEs of stealing mats and demanding a roll right then and there for the shard. After calling him out on that stupidity he was thoughtful enough to point out that even though I had significantly better gear he was out dpsing me and that I was just jealous. I kindly tried to explain that the game was not about winning omen or recount but about the mobs dying and the group staying alive. He was a complete ass. I dropped party shortly after the DEer did and decided to take a death just to get out of the instance as it was already a wipe and we had passed the first boss. The 'huntard' proceeded to laugh in say the entire time and then he spread into trade chat shortly after. He made #2 in my list of never to be played with again as far as hunters go. We already get such a bad rap, we don't need people like this running around untethered. I take a lot of time to make sure that I am gearing myself correctly and that I am playing to my maximum and smartest benefit. It makes me sad when people like this come along to damage our rep. -Israh, level 80 Draenei Hunter, Garona, Alliance

Xanther said...

I think all classes make stupid mistakes, but the reason hunters have the bad rap is because it's much more magnified when we do it. An accidental instant-cast spell on the wrong mob isn't as obvious as a pet running across the room...

The other reason, is because it seems there are more hunters out there that don't take the time to learn their class. Anyone can play a hunter - it takes time and energy to play it well. Kudos to you for helping fight the rep by playing well!