05 January 2009

Proof Bliz Hates Hunters

Kibler’s Bits used to be the best food around for a pet.  I mean, 30 strength and 30 stamina is pretty good!  Extra health and extra DPS!  And simple to make too!  Just pop SE of Shattrath, kill ~30 buzzards and you’ve got a full stack.  Some people, of course, went for the Buzzard Bites because they wanted spirit for their pets instead of strength and it didn’t bother them that they only had 20 stamina instead of strength.  But they’re called either Warlocks or Huntards.  (Warlock pets use mana, so MP5 is good for them.  Hunter pets use focus).

So Wrath comes out and I’m thinking “Cool, now I’ll have an even better little treat for my pets that’s even better!  I mean, they’re 10 levels higher just like me, so I can now use a higher level food!”.  So I go to the cooking trainer and look at Spiced Mammoth Treats thinking “Ohhhh, just they want, a nice, tasty piece of Mammoth!”.  But then I got confused when I looked at the buff…  30 strength and 30 stamina.  Hmm, déjà vu.  Maybe I’m going crazy…  I check back to the Kibler’s Bits…  Maybe I mixed them up – check back to the Spiced Mammoth Treats…  Nope, I’m not going crazy.  Blizzard actually hates Hunters!

I mean, I have no doubt that we’re going to have a lot of Huntards that think the Spiced Mammoth Treats are better.  So now they’re going to go to the guild cook asking them to make them.  And what cook is going to make pet buff food that uses Northern Spices?  Especially when Kibler’s Bits are the exact same thing as Spiced Mammoth Treats?  NONE!  You know what they’re going to do?  Make fun of the Huntard.  Well, it’s rightfully so, but it only helps add to the belief that all Hunters are idiots.

So until Blizzard realizes what they’ve done, I’ll stick to my Kibler’s Bits.  Cheaper and easier for the same buff.  And I’ll dream of the day that they actually complete the following equation:  Level 80 > Level 70…

4 comments:

Inspired Ogre said...

I know your mad, or whatever.... (Not quite sure I understand Blizz's thinking, but not quite getting how this proves that...)

But, I have to point out..

Lvl 80 > Lvl 70 is a complete statement.

=P

I love ya, man, but post something positive!

Inspired Ogre said...

OH! And enable FULL syndication for me, plz? I shouldent have to need to come here to read your full post... BRK doesent make me go to his site.

-wink-

Inspired Ogre said...

Sorry for so much posting...

I belive the mammoth bites are provided to allow the widespread use of the buff, but that Kibler Bits were kept as they were as a reward for Legacy Play.... You get the recipe from a rare drop off the crates given to you for the BC cooking quest... You being able to provide the same buff to your pet, minus the spices, is a reward for your hard work in BC.

Just sayin...

Xanther said...

Lol. As for Full syndication, I just never checked - left it on default. Should be fixed for ya now ;)

As for it being proof that Bliz hates hunters? Because the upped the buff food, made new stuff for lvl 80 players, and didn't do anything for the pets. Granted, they think pets do too much dmg right now anyway, but still. My poor pet has been eating the same food since level 70. Same food, same buffs. You think they'd get something new since Bliz created an entire continent...

For them putting mammoth bites in, yes, it's easier to get the recipe (you just buy it), but far easier (and cheaper) to cook the kiblers. And most cooks for guilds that are at least semi-serious about 5-mans would have already gotten the kiblers recipe for their hunter. Now, a guild that got WoW for christmas this year... Yeah, whenever they hit 80, will probably go the mammoth route. But point being - it's the same treat! Just w/ a diff name!