14 February 2009

Hunters R Useless...

Oy. Wonder why I feel useless as a hunter?

Well, for starters, we had a pug for H.Vault this week. Yes'm, amazingly smart raid leader invited 19 DPS, 1 Healer, and 5 Tanks to it... Wow. So what do people start saying? Let's cut by class - there's 4 hunters, so let's drop the one w/ the lowest DPS. Oh, and the other comment? "Drop the hunter, they don't bring any buffs."

ZOMG! Maybe it's just me ranting, but doesn't common sense say we should drop 3 of the tanks to trade them out for healers and DPS? Hmm? Oh yeah, forgot, hunters are useless. So anyway, the hunters start calling out their DPS. 1800 and 2000 were the numbers, and I just kept my mouth shut because there's no way to win the argument. And I ended up doing 2.6k DPS sustained through the boss fight, winding up in the top 3 for DPS. Yeup, useless class right there...

I'm also reminded of fights that the hunter saves the wipe!!!! Only for someone to break CC and put a DoT on the Freezing Trap'd mob...

But you know what kills me? When we pug the last person for OBS/Nax, and they have a spirit beast. Icing on the cake? They have a mod for pet emotes, and have been calling Loque a "cat". And the chocolate on the icing? They don't know how to use a "Hunter's Mark". Aka, they didn't use it at all during the entire 2 raids. And for the cherry on top? Even though I consider myself way undergeared and without a max-DPS pet, I out DPS'd them consistently.

Now, I've spent countless hours for almost 2 months searching for Loque. Haven't seen him at all, nor the other 2 rare spawns. So what does this mean? It's pointless. yes, Loque brings extra DPS to the fight. But it doesn't matter because no one wants to run w/ a hunter anyway. Aka, I feel useless.

So what does this all mean? Well, first, Ogre is going to make fun of me, as usual, lol. Second, I'm nearing the point of just deleting Gal and giving up my 331 achievements. No one wants to run w/ a hunter, everyone calls them useless, and it doesn't matter that our class has both CC and more DPS than most classes. Not to mention the threat mitigation abilities that tanks love. So yes, if my blog drops off the face of the world, it's because I tired of fighting against the classism out there against hunters and deleted my main.


//EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the only things I could roll on in both OBS & Nax were the 2 bag drops in OBS. You know, the 22 slot one and the one that gives extra badges. And I had crap rolls at that. Thus, I could've not been there for the 2 raids, and I still would have had as many drops!

No comments: