05 February 2009

When is too many tries too many tries?

I know, just the other day I had a similar post, about when to quit when you hit a wall in a dungeon.  And of course, my friend had similar troubles at the same time, so he had his own thoughts.  And I guess this may also fall along with another recent post, so apparently it’s a random topic on my mind.  But in all honesty, it was a different post that made me realize the connection.

I’ve been searching for Loque’nahak for some time now.  Haven’t seen him, his corpse, or any sign of the other two that spawn in place of him.  So after a month or so of searching, am I ever going to quit?  Probably not.  I mean, it took 9 months to find Snarley’s Bucket.  And I don’t plan on stopping – I do intend to try catching all of them…  So last time we tried again for the Reins of the Raven Lord to no avail.  Am I giving up?  Nope.  We’ve got H. Sethekk down to 35 min if Sthis is resto and ~40 minutes if she’s boomkin.

So what makes any of these things different?  Probably that it only affects myself (and Lady X).  In other words, I don’t mind putting myself through a lot of pain and effort, but hate putting someone else through it.  So if our group is having a real tough time and are continually wiping on the same boss, I don’t want them to suffer through it even though I’m generally game to keep on going.  Well, that and the fact that even though Hunters rock, we can’t do those dungeons by ourselves yet, lol.  Otherwise we might be on try 26…

No comments: